- ALWAYS treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you are
ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS know your target and what is beyond it.
- ALWAYS keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- All firearms should be unloaded and cased coming onto the range. If no do not have a case, we have them available in the office at no charge.
- ALWAYS case or uncase firearms on the bench with muzzle pointing down range and
only during Range Hot.
- Eye and ear protection is required to be worn on the firing line during Range Hot.
- Know your firearm – determine safe to use and how to operate it correctly.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm.
- No incendiary ammunition, tannerite, or other fire-conducive materials are allowed on the range.
- No Armor Piercing steel core penetrator (M855, green tip, black tip, etc.) ammo allowed on the range.
- No drawing from holster or firing from the hip/compressed ready on the main firing
- Never use a firearm under the influence of alcohol, controlled substances or
prescriptions that may cause mental or physical impairment.
- No open toed shoes or sandals; no open top boots with shorts or skirts on the firing line
of any range.
- No low-cut or under-cut tops allowed on the firing line of any range.
- Smoking and Vaping allowed in designated areas only.
- No open carry of firearms unless you are certified law enforcement with a badge
displayed or MGAC staff. No loaded firearms are allowed when entering upon any
range including those carried concealed. No firearms allowed in the office/clubhouse area unless you are MGAC Staff or Law Enforcement.
Safety violations that may or will cause dismissal from the range:
- Shots going over the berm
- Pointing a firearm at another person
- Case/uncase off or on the bench during a Range Cold
- Handling firearms or ammunition during a Range Cold
All persons using the range are responsible for safety and safe firearm handling. If you
see any unsafe firearm handling or behavior, please notify the RSO immediately or call a Cease Fire if deemed warranted and notify the RSO on duty immediately of the reason for calling a Cease Fire.
If you have ANY questions or are unclear about any safety procedures, please speak with the Range Safety Officer prior to handling any firearm.
Have fun, be safe,
– The MGAC RSO Team