Our Main Line is ALWAYS open Thursday thru Sunday, even during these scheduled special events.
Please NOTE that this is an EVENT calendar and does not represent our days or hours of operation. MGAC is open to our members and the public Thursday thru Sunday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- This event has passed.
600yd Bipod/Prone Steel Gong Match
November 20, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Every third Sunday of the month @ 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
- All shooters must check-in at the clubhouse, pay their daily fee, and receive a wristband before proceeding to the 600-yard range. (clubhouse will be open at 8:00 am)
- Upon arrival at the 600-yard range shooters will present their 600-qualification card and sign in
pay their $20.00 buy-in fee and sign in for squadding.
- First-place finisher will receive 1/2 of the buy-in pot, second and third-place finishers will receive 2/3 and 1/3 respectively of the remaining half of the buy-in pot.
- In the case of a tie, the shooters will alternately shoot until there is a miss and a clear winner is determined.
- All shooters must be signed in by 8:45 am
- 8:45 am we begin with the match brief and everyone receives score card and squad info.
- Squads will consist of 3 to 4 members- shooter, spotter(s), scorekeeper.
- Gongs will be painted for each relay change if there is more than one relay.
- If more than one relay, relays will alternate after 10 rounds for score.
- Spotters may only assist shooters during sighters and may only call hit or miss during competition shots for score.
- Shooters will have 5 minutes to set their mat, squeeze bag, ammunition, and rifle on the firing line before the “Shooters ready?” is heard. No other equipment allowed on the firing line.
- Shooters will have 5 minutes to shoot 5 sighters once and only before their first string for score.
- Shooters will have 5 minutes to shoot each of their strings of 5 rounds for score.
- Shooters must stop shooting by the Cease Fire command, incomplete shots in a string are misses.
Verbal commands are as follows:
- Shooters ready? (shooters may not load a round in the chamber, magazines may be loaded but not inserted in firearm)
- Commence firing! (shooters may now load and fire)
- Cease firing!(unload all firearms, insert chamber flags, engage safeties and step back to allow firearms to be examined by RSO’s)
- No sleds or vices- rifle bipods must be foldable. Bipods are not allowed to have elevation or windage adjustments. Rifle cant adjustment is ok.
- Rear bags must be the squeeze type. No monopods, no slider bags, or bags with a built-in “V”. Shooters are not allowed to use more than one rear bag at a time. The squeeze bag must sit on the shooting mat or on the ground.
- No 50 BMG or 338 Lapua Mag. Calibers must be .30 caliber or smaller.
- Any shooter that loads or fires before the Commence Firing command or fires after the Cease Fire command or shoots the wrong target during the competition will be disqualified.
- All spotting scopes are to remain behind the shooters.
If you are not sure about any procedure or equipment, please ASK!
Match Director- Billy Franklin, III.