Manatee Gun & Archery Club COVID-19 Procedures
Dear Valued Members and Guests,
We want to share Manatee Gun and Archery Club’s updated plan for responding to the Public Health Advisory issued by the State of Florida Department of Health on June 20, 2020. The safety and health of our employees, guests and members is of paramount importance to us. As a responsible non‐profit organization, we are making every effort to ensure that we are doing our part to contain and minimize the spread of the virus. This updated plan supersedes the plan that we implemented on March 19, 2020. Changes to the prior plan are highlighted below.
Effective this Thursday, July 16, 2020, the following procedures will be in effect. MGAC will maintain normal business hours until further notice, unless directed otherwise by any governmental organization. Hours are Thursday through Sunday from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm.
1) iPad sign-in has been discontinued until further notice. If you have not signed our waiver, a paper copy will be provided for your execution. The wearing of a protective face covering by members and guests while indoors is highly encouraged but NOT required when entering the office, classroom and restroom areas. While indoors RSO’s and staff will wear a protective face covering unless in a private area or breakroom. **Please note that according to CDC guidelines- anyone who has difficulty breathing should not wear a protective face covering.**
2) Shooters will be required and expected to maintain a safe social distance and should not congregate in groups larger than 10 people. Members and guests will NOT be required to wear a protective face covering, however our RSO’s and staff will wear a protective face covering when safe social distancing is not possible. **Please note that according to CDC guidelines- anyone who has difficulty breathing should not wear a protective face covering.** The MGAC Board voted to end outdoor restrictions and resume 100% occupancy for our ranges on 10/22/20.
3) All members, guests and staff will undergo a MANDATORY temperature check upon arrival/ check-in, prior to using our facility. This temperature check will be conducted by our check-in clerk using a zero-touch infrared thermometer and only takes a few moments. As recommended by the CDC guidelines, anyone with a temperature reading of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will be asked to seek medical attention and not be allowed to remain at our facility.
4) Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available on all firing lines for use by our members, guests and staff. We encourage the use of hand sanitizer after handling equipment from others or driving range carts.
5) Target service on the main line for the 100- and 200-yard target line will be done by walking. Carts will be reserved for service on the 300-yard target line unless surplus carts are available for service on the 200-yard target line, or if medically required. Cart usage will be limited to a single person per cart, unless you are with a family member or close friend that you feel comfortable with. We suggest that one person from your group be designated to service or change your targets.
6) Target service by cart on the 600-yard line will be limited to a single person per cart, unless you are with a family member or close friend that you feel comfortable with. We suggest that one person from your group be designated to service or change your targets.
7) The 5-Stand will operate as normal. We encourage everyone to make every effort possible to practice safe social distancing. Please use the available hand sanitizer upon arrival and as needed or desired during your shooting session stay.
8) Match procedures will be dictated by the individual organizations hosting the match.
We have all become painfully aware of what we need to do to help stop the spread of the virus. Please respect all mandates and recommendations being presented by our State and Federal agencies. Above all, if you are in any way ill, please do not visit the club! Remember to respect and demand safe social distancing, and wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
Thank you in advance for helping us do what we can to protect our club members, guests and staff and doing your part to help mitigate the spread of this virus.
Manatee Gun & Archery Club